Saturday, April 9, 2011

That fucking tree.

Entry Three.

Was going to get an update up last night, but... yeah. Fell asleep again, apparently. Feel like I haven't slept in days, but... whatever.

It's faded as hell now, but I can still remember a bit of the "Trees" dream I was talking about. It starts off, as makes logical sense seeing that it's about a fucking tree, in a forest. Dark, very dark; kind of reminds me of where I used to live before moving to NC. Following the whole Inception theme, there is no real beginning; one minute I'm sitting down at my computer about to check my email, and next thing I know I'm walking down a path in this forest.

The path goes on for a while, and then there is no path. Not like... it ends, so much as when I turn around there never was a path. The trees are so close together and placed so that walking in a straight line would have been impossible, memories of a path be damned.

The whispering starts around this point; really low, to the point where it could almost be mistaken as wind through the leaves. It goes on and on and on, but I can't really make out what, if anything, is being said. While this goes on, I'm still just walking, even though I want to stop and listen. Walking, walking walking, and then that fucking tree.

All alone in a small clearing, this tree is fucking... different. A thin trunk, black as night. It goes up and up and up, with a small patch of white where a beam of moonlight is clearly focused on it; oddly enough, I hadn't even noticed a moon, let alone a light source of any kind. It hits the tree, and only the tree.

The branches just... they're everywhere. Ten, twenty, a hundred, I don't know. Every time I blink the number seems to change; at one point there might have been two, like twisted arms reaching out..

Looking back, the branches definitely remind me of arms, even when there were more... a hundred arms as black as night, stretching through the air, moving despite the lack of wind. Frozen, I keep watching, and I notice that beyond the arms, branches, whatever, there's another spot of white; a spherical shape, like the moon.

If that was the moon, however, then what was casting the white light on the trunk?

The branches, arms, whatever they were, seemed to be cought in a draft from above and behind, casting them in my direction, and then..nothing. I woke up.

The shadow was there again.

By the time I woke up next it was gone.

6 comments:

  1. Found a knife under my pillow when I went back to make my bed. What the fuck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's what you saw. Or if it is, I haven't seen the whole thing yet.
    Then again, I wasn't... really awake to anything concerning Him at the time, so it might have been repressed a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, it's certainly not good either way.

    If my reasoning is correct, that's a sign of bad things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's not much of a chance of good things to come either way, once you get involved with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i suppose that was a rather stupid thing to say, wasn't it?

    I can't advise you on the tree, I don't even know what to do about it.

    ReplyDelete